You are the guy who can’t be romantic? Men aren’t supposed to like romance, right? Well, that’s the theory, anyway!
You can’t express easily romance and sensitive feelings to your girlfriend? Understand what romance means and why it is important and learn what romantic aspects there are to your own character. No one has a heart made of stone, however tough their exterior.
If you don’t consider yourself romantic then you are wrong. I don’t know of anyone on this planet who doesn’t have the ability to fall in love. Therefore if you can fall in love, you can be romantic too. Romance is not in the grand gestures, it is in the small details.
Women will often say that it is the small things that matter. The small gestures but it is down to both men and women to start being romantic. It is a two-way process and both parties get an immense amount of pleasure from showing they care about someone. Yes we would all love to have a romantic picnic on a deserted Caribbean beach with the person of our dreams but romance begins closer to home with tips such as these:
- The key to being romantic is thoughtfulness. So start being a little less thoughtless and selfish.
- Communicate with your partner on every level and anticipate their desires and needs.
- Look at your partner when they are talking and hold their gaze.
- Learn that mood, location, situation and ambience can heighten romance with dramatic effect.
- Phone just to say hello, I love you and surprise your partner.
- Learn to say, I love you and mean it. Don’t say it ever, if you don’t mean it.
- Send them notes and small cards telling them you are thinking of them.
- Think creatively and plan a surprise weekend away.
- Put your partner first, particularly as a surprise with a spontaneous trip away.