Whether you are dating, in a relationship, or going through a breakup, there are always quotes that can help you with your experiences. Over the past few months I have been enjoying quotes that are about breakups and moving on, mainly because of my newly single status. Below I have listed 7 quotes that have really helped me during my breakup recovery and why they mean something to me.
1. “And suddenly you know…it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”
I love this quote because it represents that leap of faith we all need to take when it is time to move past our breakup and fears, and start dating again. Recently I have said this quote to myself a lot because I am finally going on dates again. This quote has given me the strength to try this whole process of dating and love once again.
2. “Someday you won’t remember this pain you thought would last forever and ever.”- Taylor Swift
I’ve always enjoyed quotes that remind me of the better days that are ahead. I have gone through breakups before and I know that the pain I feel now won’t last forever, but it is always so important to be reminded of this, especially through a quote like this.
3. “Why should I be sad? I have lost someone who didn’t love me. But they lost someone who loved them.”
This is one of my favorite quotes that I have come across. It has helped me look at my breakup in a new light. This quote made me realize that I shouldn’t be sad about losing someone who didn’t love me as much as I loved them. It reminds me that I deserve more.
4. “Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable.”- Mary Oliver
One of my main fears after my breakup was being alone for the rest of my life. I couldn’t imagine loving someone else or being happy again. This quote reminds me that I need to stay positive, not be so bitter, and open myself up to the possibility of love again one day. I love the reminder to stay hopeful that this quote gives me.
[Tweet “You need to stay positive #PostBreakUp”]
5. “I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.”- John Green
Not much needs to be said about this quote. It serves as an amazing reminder to be who you are and not alter yourself for someone else. Be who you are and embrace your imperfections. If someone doesn’t appreciate your imperfections they aren’t the one.
6. “No matter how destroyed she was, she still believed in love.”- C.R. Bittar
Just like the Jana Kramer song Love, this quote reminds me to still believe. We all have bad experiences and heartbreak, but we will all get through them. This quote makes me realize that love is still out there for me, I just haven’t found it yet.
7. “Your peace is more important than driving yourself crazy trying to understand why something happened the way it did. Let it go.” – Mandy Hale
Last but certainly not least, this quote has served as quote the reminder to move on for me. I have learned overtime that I need to work on moving past what happened, and not spend so much time going over every detail to understand my breakup. Heartbreak and love will never make perfect sense, it isn’t worth my time to drive myself crazy trying to figure it out. This has helped me grow and move on.
Let me know what some of your favorite quotes are, one can never have too many on hand! Until next time! Be sure to check out my blog and follow me on Twitter!